Friday, May 30, 2008

Benjamin's First Communion

Wow, see? I knew this would happen...I get so busy that I can't update this as often as I'd like to. Believe me, it's not that I'm slacking. Life is just hectic and crazy and busy and the days literally just run into each other. *sigh* Oh well.



On to the topic at hand: Ben celebrated his First Holy Communion on Saturday, May 17. We were so fortunate that Alex's stepmom and sister were able to fly in from Mexico to be with him as well as Alex's brother from Michigan. The biggest and best surprise though had to be Jackie and Reina (Ate Boots) flying in from Michigan also. That was awesome! They were only here for 2 days since they specifically came just for his First Communion, but it was great nonetheless. The weather was great too - well a little too hot I might say (95 degrees), but it could've been worse. We had a nice luncheon at my brother's house (Kuya Bong and Ate Boots') and since it was so hot the kids - Ben, Nina, Madeleine, Jackie, Justin, Jacob, Jeremy, Lindsey and Liyah - all got to swim in the pool to cool off. Later that night a few of us hit Irvine Spectrum and strolled around.

This is a picture of the banner that we made together as a family. It was displayed in the church, along w/ all the other communicants' banners.




































What a memorable First Communion it was for Ben. To have his family there with him was just as important as the actual occasion itself. I am so lucky to have a loving, caring family and how wonderful for my kids to know and see firsthand how important and precious family is.



1 comment:

malou said...

Hi Rica,

Oh, I miss you sistaahh! Thanks for having this blog, at least I get to see you and your family..."kahit once in a blue moon" hahaaa...just kidding! Your three "chikitings" are growing so fast. Seems like you're enjoying it there. And I'm pretty sure you are not missing Michigan at all eh?! The weather here is so weird. It keeps raining all the time, before you know it, it's winter again!
Where in Cali are you exactly at? Who knows we might meet up sometime. We actually took Mark to Myrtle Beach last June. His first vaca wooohoo...we had a great time! He's pretty low maintenance anyway. We're planning a trip to Florida in September too. We'll see how it turns out. He'll be 10 months then. Imagine that! Time flies so fast.
I haven't seen Pam since Jackie's funeral. I would have to call her one of these days.
Well, girlie, I am truly happy for you!!! Please keep this blog updated okay. I know it's hard especially with 3 kids. (Wow...how do you do that in the first palce?!Super Mom! haha...)Take care and keep in touch. God Bless you and your family. Hugs and kisses to the kids.

Love,
Malou